Linksys RE6300 Light Blinking Orange Issue [Methods-to-Fix]
In case the power LED light on your Linksys RE6300 wireless range extender is blinking orange, then it could be due to these reasons:
- The extender is not properly connected to the host router.
- The WPS pairing failed between the two networking devices.
- Your extender is getting an interrupted power supply from its socket.
Another reason why you are experiencing the Linksys RE6300 light blinking orange issue is because of the existence of technical glitches.
But, let us not get more into the reasons why you are here. Instead, let us focus on what can be done from your end to convert the status for the power light.
In view of this, you ought to read the methods that have been highlighted as well as explained in detail further in this blog.
How to Fix Linksys RE6300 Light Blinking Orange Issue?
1st Fix: Time to Restart the Extender
The primary reason why the Linksys wireless extender is blinking orange in color, as said before is because of technical glitches. There is just one way that can be used to remove these glitches. You have to give your device a new start. Here is how to do so:
- Find the power button on the extender and hit it so that you can switch OFF your device. Once done, unplug the range extender from the socket.
- Now, you ought to hold on your horses. In case you want to be specific about how much time, then it is recommended that you hold on for about 5 minutes.
Once you feel that you have waited enough, you may turn on the device after connecting it back to its electrical socket. By the way, if you own a Linksys router and are facing the myrouter.local not working issue with it, then this tip can also be used to fix it.
2nd Fix: Join the WiFi Devices Again
Check the connection between the Linksys wireless extender and the host router and see if it is anywhere near being stable. In case, it is not, then the time has come for you to join the networking devices again. This time, keep these points in mind:
- The Ethernet cable that you will use to join the Linksys RE6300 extender to the host should not be damaged or worn out for that matter.
- In case you choose to join the networking devices wirelessly, ensure that the distance between them is neither too much or less.
At last, in the case of a wired connection, make sure that you hear the click sound while inserting the Ethernet cable into the ports as it is important to be certain whether the connection that is established is finger-tight.
3rd Fix: Pair Devices via WPS Button
In case you are one of those users who are trying to perform Linksys RE6300 extender setup for the first time and that too using the WPS method, then perhaps the pairing failed when you attempted to do the same. To take care of the problem, you can:
- Try to connect the networking devices again. For this, you need to press the WPS button on the range extender and hold on for some time.
- Locate the same button on the host router and hit it. Now, the WPS LED light will become solid, and if luck is in your favor, so will the power LED light.
For your information, if you want to gain knowledge regarding how to set up the RE6300 extender using the manual method instead of the WPS method, read what is given in the product manual. You will find everything related to extender.linksys.setup there.
4th Fix: Use the Other Power Socket
Sometimes, users make the mistake of plugging the Linksys RE6300 wireless range extender into a wall socket that is damaged. A damaged wall socket will supply only an inadequate power supply to your device. In this case, here is what you can do:
- Call up an electrician in your house and ask him to repair the wall or power socket to which you have connected your networking device.
- In case the electrician says that the socket is beyond repair, then you may connect your RE6300 extender to another electrical outlet.
As soon as you are done following all these solutions, make an attempt to check whether the issue at hand has left you now. What do you see? Is the light located on the extender green in color or still orange?
We are expecting that with the aid of the tactics presented before you, you will face no problem in fixing the Linksys RE6300 light blinking orange issue.
By any chance, if you still are, then it is recommended that you configure your wireless device from scratch using the WPS method or the manual method. The choice is yours.