Linksys N300 Setup
Did you recently buy a Linksys N300 wireless range extender but are not quite sure as to how it can be installed? You will find the breakdown of the setup process on this page. All you need to do is, walk carefully through the instructions given here to perform Linksys N300 setup. For your information, along with the steps to install the Linksys wireless device, we have shed light on the status of various LED lights and other related topics.
Linksys N300 WiFi Extender [Product Overview]
|The device is either booting up or upgrading firmware.
|Your N300 extender is ready to be used.
|The connection with the router is weak.
|The device is not connected to the router.
|You can use the WPS button to setup your Linksys N300 extender and add compatible devices to the network.
|Pressing and holding the RESET button for more than 10 seconds will restore the device to the default mode.
|You can connect wired devices to the network of your Linksys N300 range extender with the Ethernet cable.
How to Execute Linksys N300 Setup Process?
Given you have gained insight of the status of Linksys extender blinking lights and other related topics, now is the time to learn how the N300 extender can be set up.
Below, we have discussed about more than one method for the setup process. To be specific, the WPS and manual method are explained in detail.
Linksys N300 Extender Setup via WPS Method
- Locate the WPS button on the Linksys N300 WiFi extender. As per the info given in the last section, the WPS button is located on the side panel of the extender.
- Once you find it, press and hold it for more than 30 SECONDS. Now, you need to find and press the same button on the host router.
- In some time, the LED lights on the Linksys range extender as well as the host router will start flashing. Wait for them to become stable.
- Once they do, change the location of your Linksys N300 extender, however, keep it within the range of the host router for proper signal transmission.
Where to Place the Linksys N300 Extender?
After the setup process, when you relocate your networking device, it is recommended that you do not keep it near the following devices and appliances:
- Bluetooth speakers
- Microwave ovens
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
Setup Linksys N300 Extender via Manual Method
- Get started with the N300 setup process by finding a non-short-circuited wall socket and plugging your wireless range extender into it.
- Once the POWER LED becomes SOLID GREEN in color, proceed to the next step that is to create a connection between the Linksys extender and the router.
- You can put a RJ-45 to use cable for the establishment of the connection. Make sure that the cable is tightly plugged into the ports of your networking devices.
- Once done, switch on your laptop and try to connect to the network of N300. To be specific, you need to connect it to LINKSYS EXTENDER SETUP XXX.
How to Connect to Linksys N300 Network?
Want to get a clear picture of how you can connect your laptop to the network of the Linksys extender? Read these instructions to do so:
- Go to the WIFI UTILITY of your client device.
- You will come across the names of available networks.
- Locate the SSID of the Linksys N300 range extender and click it.
- Once done, input the NETWORK KEY and let the CONNECT button appear.
- Click it and allow your device to have internet access.
- Gain access to a web browser, one which is not accumulated with cache or cookies. Move the cursor of the mouse to the URL field and enter extender.linksys.com.
- You can also use the IP ADDRESS in order to proceed with the Linksys N300 setup process. To be specific, you can use 192.168.1.1.
- Press the ENTER key. The window will shift and a new screen will come into view. Can you see the START button there? Good. Click it.
- You ought to click the I AGREE button. It will be on the LICENSE AGREEMENT screen. Soon your device will start searching for available wireless networks.
- It is recommended that you select the network name or the SSID of your Linksys N300 wireless extender. Once you do, enter the PASSWORD in the empty box.
- Click the NEXT button so that you can connect to the WiFi network. Soon a confirmation message will appear, YOUR EXTENDER IS CONFIGURED.
In this manner, you will be able to finish the Linksys N300 setup process using two methods. Now, you can have internet access on not one but all your devices.