Getting Trouble in Linksys Extender Setup?
Are you struggling to connect to WiFi in some parts of your home? Consider getting a Linksys extender setup done to boost existing WiFi signals and eliminate WiFi dead zones. In case you are getting trouble setting up your wireless extender, then use the tips provided on this page.
What to Do When You Can’t Complete Linksys Extender Setup?
First of all, verify if you are using the correct process to perform the Linksys WiFi extender setup.
There are two ways to execute the setup process of a Linksys extender.
1. Using WPS Button- The configuration of the extender can be done by using the WPS button available on the extender and router.
2. Manual Method- In this, you need to log in to the web interface of the Linksys extender on your browser to complete the configuration.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup via Manual Method
- Place the Linksys extender closer to the host router.
- Plug the extender into an electrical socket. The Power LED should turn orange.
- Connect the extender to the host router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the extender’s WiFi.
The default network name for Linksys wireless range extender is Linksys Extender Setup or Linksys Extender Setup-xxx (xxx is the last three digits of the extender’s MAC address). However, we suggest referring to the user manual or label on the device to confirm the same.
- Launch a supported web browser and enter EXTENDER.LINKSYS.COM or 22.214.171.124 in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- The setup wizard will open up.
- Read and Agree to End User License Agreement.
- Click on Manual Setup.
- A login screen will open up.
- Enter the admin password and click on the Login button.
- The next step is to manually configure the settings for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
- Assign desired network names and passwords for both WiFi networks.
- Finally, click on the Save option.
The Linksys WiFi extender setup using extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 is completed.
Linksys Extender Setup Using WPS Button
- The Linksys WiFi range extender and the host router should be placed closer to each other.
- Plug the power adapter of the extender into the power outlet and ensure that the LED turns orange.
- Turn on the router as well.
- Gently press the WPS button on the host router.
- Now, press the WPS button on the Linksys extender.
- The LED will begin blinking green.
- Wait till the light turns to solid green.
- The solid green light on the extender is an indication of a successful connection between the devices.
- Repeat the same process to extend the 5 GHZ network.
This is how you can complete the Linksys setup using the WPS button. We hope you are no longer facing any issues with the configuration process. If you are then try the tips given in the next section.
Failing to Complete Linksys WiFi Extender Setup?
Step 1: Perform a Power Cycle
Give your devices a quick reboot. Power them off and remove their power plugs from the sockets. Wait for 2-5 minutes and again connect them to the power source. Let the devices boot up completely.
Step 2: Check the Wiring
Check all the cables and wires connected to the Linksys extender and the host router. Verify that all the connections are finger-tight. While you are checking the cables, also take a look at the Ethernet ports and power sockets for any of these could also be damaged. Ensure no loose and no faulty connections.
Step 3: Verify Login URL
Be sure to enter the correct URL extender.linksys.com or IP address 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of the browser. Typos are to be avoided. Thus double-check the entrée before hitting the Enter key. Do the same while inserting the login password. The passwords are usually case-sensitive. So check the Caps Lock key on the keyboard.
Step 4: Update the Browser
Use a supported and updated web browser to execute the extender setup process. The links given below will help you to learn how to update various browsers.
Google Chrome- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Mozilla Firefox- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-release
Internet Explorer- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/run-the-latest-version-of-internet-explorer-11-ea628df4-50ce-8019-f9f4-468e39685cea#:~:text=To%20open%20Internet%20Explorer%2C%20select,then%20select%20Check%20for%20updates.
Step 5: Reset the Extender
When you fail to set up your Linksys extender even after trying all the above given steps, then reset your extender and again try to set it up.